*Add Wechat “cgccchicago” to receive Chinese version”
Response to the result of 2018 Member Needs and Satisfaction Survey, CGCC-Chicago committed to delivering more high-quality services out of the Chicago region. This workshop with 3 most popular business subjects has been proved to benefit China investors’ business strategy and operational plan. Come to meet us on February 22nd, 2019, 12:30 pm – 5:00 pm at 27777 Franklin Road, Suite 800, Southfield, MI 48034. CGCC representatives will share with you the year-round plan to support your business success in the Midwest.
12:50: Greeting: CGCC services in the Midwest
1:00-2:00: Strategies of Dealing with the Impact of 301 Additional Tariffs on Chinese Imports (Language: Mandarin)
2:00-3:00: Maximize Your Corporate Savings from Government Credits and Incentives
3:00-3:30: Tea Break
3:30-4:30: FIRRMA, New Rules for Foreign Investment in the U.S.
At this workshop, you will know:
- How to reduce or even avoid 301 tariffs on Chinese imports;
- How to comply with U.S. sanctions, export control, and economic espionage laws and their “long-arm” jurisdiction;
- Companies can evaluate through many areas, including people, investments, operations, etc. to build constructive solutions;
- In addition to many statutory programs that exist, there are often opportunities to negotiate incentive packages that may combine statutory, discretionary and custom incentives;
- Why companies should build credits and incentives investigation into the strategic process before beginning your activities;
- New statutory authorities under FIRRMA;
- Newly effective CFIUS pilot program;
- How investors and companies are approaching CFIUS risk.
Chamber Members & Non-Members welcome to attend.
RSVP to email@example.com before February 8, 2019. Please be noted that your registration does not guarantee that you will receive a confirmation for attendance at this event. Confirmation will be sent upon successful email reply.
Partner in the Chicago office of Locke Lord LLP
Director, Credits & Incentives practice of Grant Thornton’s Chicago office
Senior Associate, Credits & Incentives practice of Grant Thornton’s Chicago office
Formerly Senior Counsel in the Office of the Assistant General Counsel for International Affairs of the U.S. Department of the Treasury.