China General Chamber of Commerce – Chicago (CGCC-Chicago) is a nonprofit member-based organization in the U.S. representing Chinese companies in the nine Midwest states including Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, and Wisconsin. These Chinese companies have invested $20.3 billion in the nine states from 2000 to 2017, creating at least 45,000 local jobs. For more information about CGCC-Chicago and CGCC, please visit: cgccchicago.org and cgccusa.org
Annually, more than 800 government and business leaders gather to address timely issues affecting trade environment, economic growth, business cooperation and mutual understanding of China and the U.S. Past speakers include Mayor Rahm Emanuel, the City of Chicago, ZHU Hong, Minister for Commercial Affairs of the Chinese Embassy to the U.S., HONG Lei, Consul General of the Chinese Consulate General in Chicago, Eric Branstad, Senior White House Commercial Advisor, Pin Ni, first Chairman of CGCC-Chicago and President of Wanxiang America Corporation, and others. The Annual Gala will be a platform to discuss the current situation, challenges and advancements of relationships between China and the U.S. Learn more information about past annual galas, please refer to our website.
1:00pm – 2:00pm
Registration and Grand Opening Ceremony
2:00pm – 5:00pm
Business Forum, includes 3 main breakout sessions with 15+ business topics
Invest in the Midwest 9 States
– Communication and Marketing for Foreign Investors
– Federal Resources as Technology Development & Commercialization Partners – Investment Database: Economic Analysis from Department of Commerce – BEA – State/County/City Showcases
Post-Acquisition Corporate Management
Co-host with Grant Thornton
– Cross-Culture Integration
– Challenges and Opportunities
– Intellectual Property Protections
– Social Commitment
Business Opportunity in U.S./China
– 2017 Annual Business Survey Report on Chinese Enterprises in the U.S.
– Panel Discussion – Chinese Investment in the U.S.: The Path Forward
– Midwest Talent Program by CGCC-Chicago
– Marketing Recourses & Public Relations
– Service Provider Showcase
2:00pm – 5:00pm
Business Showcase and B2B Matchmaking Event
5:00pm – 6:00pm
Gala Cocktail Reception
4:00pm – 6:00pm
House Representatives and CEOs Roundtable Meeting (invite only)
6:00pm – 8:30pm
Gala Dinner and Awards Ceremony
Registration online at cgccchicago.org. Space is limited, RSVP now.
Individual ticket: $700 (Member), $900 (non-member), $1,000 (at-door), admission includes business Forums, Cocktail Reception and Gala Dinner
Dress Code: Business Attire
*As of September 18, 2018, agenda Items are subject to change.