IntroductionSince 1973, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 120 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, and high-tech help build sustainable businesses and expand our associates’ potential for career advancement.Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets.With a strong foundation, enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
OverviewBeing the next generation Assistant Branch Manager at East West Bank means you are part of a world-class team that focuses on delivering a high quality, high-touch and high-tech relationship banking experience across all customer touchpoints.As an Assistant Branch Manager, you will play a key role in:
- Supporting the Branch Manager in leading the branch team to achieve sales, service and operational excellence
- Creating a customer-centric culture in the branch to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Building and expanding commercial and retail sales relationships along with being accountable for branch sales results
- Bringing out the best in in the branch employees by providing training, coaching and motivation.
This role is meant for someone with a strong passion for growing a long-term career in financial services, delivering exceptional service to customers, and building a strong team of next generation bankers.We will help you grow your career at East West Bank by providing you with ongoing training to expand your business knowledge, grow your digital acumen, and build long-lasting relationships with our customers.
- Achieve operational excellence by ensuring all staff members comply with bank policies, procedures, and regulations
- Achieve quarterly and annual team/branch sales goals
- Ensure branch achieves highest level of efficiency by overseeing daily branch operational activities and staff performance
- Enhance customer satisfaction by consistent engagement with customers
- Ensure day-to-day activities comply with standards by observing and coaching teammates in customer service, operational procedures, transaction accuracy and client engagement
- Perform Branch Manager’s supervisory tasks during his/her absence. Build exceptional teamwork by appraising performance, addressing issues, and resolving complaints
- Take on the role of interviewing, hiring, and training new employees, planning, disciplining and assigning/directing work
- Motivate, coach, and provide guidance to employees to achieve sales and service goals
- Expert in using digital resources and technologies to optimize clients’ digital banking experience
- Inform and educate clients on how to conduct simple transactions through convenient banking options (such as online banking, mobile banking and ATMs) that benefit them
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience building, leading, managing and coaching a team
- Strong financial acumen and communication skills
- Has been successful working in a client-focused and results-driven environment
- Strong knowledge of banking regulations and branch operations
- Sales and service skills including prospecting and networking
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Manage complex tasks and prioritize, delegate, and execute in a fast-paced environment
- Has the ability to learn and adapt to new information and technology platforms
- Strong desire and capability to influence, educate and connect team, partners, and customers to technology
- Will follow established processes and guidelines in daily activities to do what is right for clients and the bank, adhering to all applicable laws and regulations
East West Bank is an equal opportunity employer.
CompensationThe base pay range for this position is USD $65,000.00/Yr. – USD $75,000.00/Yr. Exact offers will be determined based on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location.