Team: Accountant and Finance
The China General Chamber of Commerce- USA Chicago (CGCC-Chicago) is a non-profit member-based organization aiming to promote investment, trade and localization in-between China and nine Midwestern states, including Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, and Wisconsin. The foreign direct investment (FDI) from China to the Midwest reached $22.9 billion in 2018, creating about 45,000 local jobs, while the export trade volume from the Midwest to China reached $31.2 billion in 2017, creating 216,900 exporting jobs.
CGCC-Chicago is actively committed to further the economic development and corporate social responsibility of its member enterprises. Eligible members include Chinese-funded companies in both China and the United States, American-funded companies, organizations in the public sector, and individuals who actively participate in the bilateral economic and trade development between China and the United States. To know more about us through wechat: cgccchicago or at www.cgccchicago.org
CGCC-Chicago team is growing quickly as we continue to develop the most exciting, intimate programs and events all year round and we are looking to add a driven and motivated individual to the team. This person must be an excellent leader and communicator, capable of keeping members of teams aligned, well-organized, and on schedule.
We are looking for an Accountant to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets.
The Role will be responsible for:
- Record and maintain all expenses, manage financial documents, and issue financial statements.
- Process Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Cash Receipts as needed.
- Ensure that all receivables are collected in a timely manner.
- Support the implementation of procurement procedures, plan payment processes, maintain good relationships with suppliers, manage and track A/P
- Oversight budget within the scope of oversight office services, assets and supplies management
- Budget and project management: Create and follow project budgets and timelines. Track and collect sponsorship and fundraising, ticket sales and revenue targets and adjust the plan appropriately
- Cooperate with financial and tax consultants to complete financial, audit and tax-related work
- Manage recruitment, onboarding, resignation and other related employment transactions within the defined parameters
- Work with the Executive Director to provide oversight, training and performance evaluation for assigned employees
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese Mandarin
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and be able to balance multiple projects
- Committed to being nimble, learning and executing with excellence
- Proficiency in QuickBooks software (Required)
- Bachelors in Finance or Accounting
- Good understanding of local accounting principles
- High level of attention to details
- High level of integrity and business ethics
- Ability to multi-task and function effectively under pressure with minimal errors
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Organization and flexibility to meet the ever-changing demands of a fast-paced work environment
This position is located at our office in downtown Chicago. Your schedule will be approximately 10-20 hours per week including one team onsite meeting per week. Salary could be discussed based on work experience and skills.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Finance Application”