Job Title: General Accountant
Reporting To: Controller
• Daily accounting work to monitor revenue receipts, costs, and expenses.
• Process regular bookkeeping.
• Hands-on experience in AP, AR, payroll, and general ledger (handle supplier bills and payments, customer invoicing and collection, ADP payroll stab recording, cash management, and bank reconciliation).
• Maintaining accuracy and deadline is required for the position.
• Draft monthly operating budget and actual expenditures at the beginning of each month.
• Establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on biweekly, monthly, and annual basis.
• Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, ensuring adherence to national and local legal standards.
• Maintain knowledge of proposed legislation on a national and local scale.
• Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize the protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflows.
• Oversee and support the accounting team with dynamic leadership of the MSFW accounting team.
• Provide a weekly work summary to the Montreal headquarters.
• Manage MSFW’s and Presper’s general liability, AR, and stock insurance.
• Monthly full cycle accounting work, including all local tax return filing.
• Arrangement for work assigned from the Montreal headquarters.
• Perform other accounting services and duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
• 2 to 5 years of experience of experience as an accountant in the manufacturing industry or in a related industry.
• Strong financial knowledge and ability to communicate effectively with financial institutions.
• Knowledge and experience in fixed assets and cost accounting is an asset.
• Good knowledge and experience using ERP systems. GP Dynamics is an asset (Sage and QuickBooks are not regarded as ERP)
• Advanced computer skills especially in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
• Working knowledge of accounting software or ERP systems, GP (a plus).