About the company:
Sifang America is an Illinois-based subsidiary of CRRC Corporation Limited. CRRC Corporation Limited, the parent company, is a world leader in the designing, engineering and manufacturing of advanced passenger rail vehicles and high-speed trains. Headquartered in Beijing, China, CRRC Corporation Limited has 46 wholly-owned & majority-owned subsidiaries. They are a global innovator in rail car and locomotive construction and maintenance.
In 2016, CRRC Sifang America was awarded a contract by the Chicago Transit Authority to supply 846 new railcars.
CRRC Sifang America recently constructed a state-of-the-art production facility on the city’s southeast side, returning railcar manufacturing to Chicago after a 50-year absence.
Company Website: http://www.crrcsifangamerica.com
CRRC Sifang America is looking for an Assistant Electrical Engineer to be a part of developing and implementing optimal and cost-effective manufacturing processes/methods, and recommending improvements to the production processes, methods, and controls for serving the construction of Chicago’s next generation railcar.
The Assistant Electrical Engineer will also be providing support for the production department in the build and investigation of technical issues, which may require the development of tooling, fixture, equipment and shop cell layout. Ensure the technical conformity of all products to the required customer specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in managing electrical assembling processes including cable/wire routing, crimping, connection and termination on rail cars.
• Engage in train wiring test management including continuity test, megger test and hi-pot test, on rail cars.
• Draft, develop and maintain process documents, work instructions for electrical assembling processes and train wiring test under the direction.
• Manage electrical engineering change notices including receiving, interpreting, converting and distributing them.
• Ensure the change notices are implemented by creating or updating process documents, field modification instructions.
• Create and maintain bill of materials using SAP.
• Participate in training process creation and provide assigned training to electrical workers on implementation of process documents and work instructions.
• Support electrical workers to answer and solve problem during production.
• Support root cause analysis of product quality issues.
• Support technical communication with vendors.
• Other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be necessary. The average travel time will be less than 20%.
Education, Skills and/or Experience
• Must have a four-year Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Control/Automation Engineering from an accredited university.
• Ability to read and understand manufacture drawings such as electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, wire termination diagrams.
• Experience or knowledge of working in environments with live voltages present with proper PPE.
• Experience or knowledge of the use of electrical instruments and equipment such as multimeter, oscilloscope, megger, hi-pot test equipment, etc.
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Good technical writing skill to compile and revise technical documents.
• Strong learning ability.
• Strong communication skill. Job requires frequent communication with production workers and other production supporting departments such as quality, procurement, and logistics.
• Six-month to one year’s working experience or internship experience in electrical engineering related roles.
• Relevant work experience in rolling stock, heavy equipment, aerospace, or automotive industry.
• Experience with selection of cables/wires, terminals, connectors, crimping and assembling connectors.
• Experience with ERP system
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.