CGCC Chicago Newsletter
This newsletter is sponsored by Plante Moran
Perspectives on the US-China Bilateral Dynamic and Its Impact on Business, Trade, and Investment
Dear CGCC Members and Friends,
CGCC and CGCC Foundation cordially invite you to attend our 2020 Annual Business Survey Report Launch webinar, “Perspectives on the U.S.-China Bilateral Dynamic and Its Impact on Business, Trade & Investment,” taking place on Wednesday, August 12th.
It’s the seventh consecutive year that CGCC and CGCC Foundation conducts the Annual Business Survey on Chinese Enterprises in the United States. This year, the survey report focuses on the overview of current business and market environment in the U.S., Chinese localized business management, and how Chinese companies responded strategically to the ongoing uncertainties. The survey also underscores the necessity for maintaining a robust bilateral relationship between the U.S. and China for global economic stability.
Date/Time: Wednesday, August 12th, 2:00pm – 3:15pm EST
CLICK HERE to RSVP
Please save the confirmation email with your unique zoom link for future participation.
What motivates Chinese companies to invest in the United States? Are supply chains and technology the main drivers for investing? Further, how are Chinese companies navigating the U.S.-China relationship in the middle of historic diplomatic and trade rows? The report sheds light on these issues, among others. Please join us for an insightful conversation with prominent members of the U.S.-China business community who will speak to the findings of the survey as well as share their perspectives on current U.S.-China relations and the impact on commercial investment, business retention and expansion, and international trade.
We look forward to your participation!
CGCC Chicago 2020 Membership Meeting Questionnaire
大会问卷调查。所有数据将收集将编入《 美国中国总商会2020年度会员大会调查报告》 且仅作为内部资料不对外公开。请各会员拨冗填表， 以兹帮助CGCC Chicago了解会员需求，进一步提高会员服务质量。 感谢您的参与于支持！
CGCC Chicago invites you for your input in CGCC Chicago 2020 Membership Meeting Questionnaire. All entries will be compiled within the China General Chamber of Commerce U.S.A.-Chicago 2020 Membership Meeting Questionnaire Report, and this survey is for CGCC Chicago internal use only. We hope you take the time to fill out this questionnaire to help CGCC Chicago better understand the needs of chamber members and in turn and improve our quality of service. Thank you for your participation and support!
Click here to complete the China General Chamber of Commerce U.S.A.- Chicago 2020 Questionnaire online.
Engage with Consumers Through E-Commerce
CGCC Chicago and TMall to cohost
an E-commerce webinar on August 27th
More details to follow
CGCC Chicago US-China 2020 – Collection of Artistic Works in Recognition of the Fight against the Pandemic
On July 17th, 2020, CGCC Chicago launched the “CGCC Chicago US-China 2020 Commonwealth Activities for the Collection of Artistic Works in Commemoration of the Fight against the Pandemic in China and the U.S.” to highlight the friendly mutual assistance between US – China business circles and society in the fight against COVID-19. Both chamber and non-chamber members are invited to participate and submit their works.
Throughout the past couple of months, we have witnessed the noble dedication of Chinese and American companies in their support to local communities in both China and the U.S. through their active participation in various charitable and public welfare activities. We hope to use this collection of artistic works as a medium to showcase the touching moments of Chinese and American companies in the fight against the pandemic, convey the positive energy behind these deeds, and remember the stories of bravery and love.
1. Subject and Requirements
The theme of this activity is “Guidance and Mutual Effort,” which commemorates the deeds between Chinese and American companies and individuals supporting each other and fighting the pandemic together. The submission period is from July 17th, 2020, to August 30th, 2020. We accept submissions from all individuals and/or companies. Please indicate the author’s name and pen name (if any), company, contact number, and email.
1. Literary works – Poetry, prose and creative writing of all styles, Chinese or English, under 2000 words.
2. Photography — JPEG files within 5M in size. Title and 30 word description required.
3. Video works — MP4, M4V, WMV, AVI, etc., file types are allowed for any media. The size should not exceed 20M, and a title and a description is recommended.
4. Audio works – i.e. self-composed songs, recitation of poems, etc., The file types allowed are MP3, WMA, WAV, AMR, etc., and the size shoud not exceed 20M.
*** Important note: All the above must be original work with professional content. Entries with inappropriate and/or offensive themes will not be accepted.
Prizes for participating companies: Exclusive sponsorship rights for the CGCC Chicago headlines in both English and Chinese
Individual prizes: Gift cardsAr
CGCC successfully hosted, “Leadership Story Time: Business Continuity and CSR Best Practices during COVID-19,” Webinar
On July 27th, 2020, nearly 100 community and business leaders across the United States joined the latest installment of the CGCC E-Connects Series – a webinar titled, “Leadership Story Time: Business Continuity and CSR Best Practices during COVID-19.”
The webinar convened a panel of distinguished business executives from leading Chinese companies from the Life Sciences, Telecommunications, Manufacturing, Finance and Construction sectors, operating in the United States, to share best practices on how to be a responsible corporate citizen during COVID-19.
Panelists discussed how their companies responded to the virus during the early months of 2020, and what measures are now being taken to keep business operational, employees safe, and communities supported. Panelists answered questions about their long-term plans for business continuity and CSR to which all agreed CSR has taken a priority in their business objectives moving forward. Working together with U.S. stakeholders in the fight against COVID-19 was the prevailing consensus.
Since March 12th, CGCC and CGCC Foundation, together with its regional chapters and member companies, including those companies represented in the July 27th webinar, have donated more than 3.8 million pieces of personal protective equipment (PPE) to more than 50 U.S. hospitals and clinics and 20 government agencies in 20 states across America.
The panel discussion was moderated by Ernst & Young Partner Shau Zhang, and included International Vitamin Corporation (IVC) Senior Vice President Veena Chillar, China Telecom (Americas) Vice President Luis Fiallo, CRRC Sifang America Vice President Haitao Qu, Bank of China U.S.A. Chief Communications Officer Peter Reisman and Sany America General Manager Mengtao Xie.
CGCC extends great appreciation to all the panelists and participants. We also extend special thanks to the CGCC-D.C. team for successfully leading this webinar.
View the webinar recording here: https://youtu.be/SqOFgyYpprQ
欢迎新会员：Welcome New Members
HOCL Connectors’ products:
HOCl is a new generation of products that are extremely effective and a better alternative for both the user & environment. The disinfectant is EPA approved in killing the labeled bacterial resistant hospital superbugs, such as C. diff spores, MRSA, HIV (the AIDS virus) and tuberculosis. It may be disposed down the drain into wastewater treatment systems and septic systems.
HOCl’s FDA cleared Wound & Skin Solution and Sun, Land & Sea First Aid Spray are second to none in the management of minor
wounds and skin irritations caused by sunburns, cuts, insect bites, burns, plant saps and oils, blisters, scratches, rashes, scrapes and dry skin.
Website Link: https://hoclconnectors.net/
Yuanda USA Corporation
沈阳远大铝业工程有限公司（下文简称“远大公司”） 成立于1993年初，是集产品研发、系统设计、精密制造、 性能检测、成品出口、安装施工、 售后服务于一体的幕墙系统整体供应商。
企业。 1996年远大公司率先通过ISO9001国际质量体系认证。 1998年投资并建立国家合格评定认可委员会批准的全球互认的“ 工程实验室”，检验检测能力全面满足并符合国标、美标、英标、 欧标四大标 准体系、2011年远大公司成功在香港上市。
佛山四大产业基地的战略布局，拥有世界最大的幕墙生产制造基地。 配备国际先进自动化加工生产线。远大公司陆续在沈阳、英国、 澳洲、瑞士等国家设立了全球产品研发中心， 在全球四十多个国家及地区注册成立了全资子公司。 并承接幕墙项目。
自主知识产权，自主市场营销网络”的发展战略， 以诚信经营赢得市场，以质量和信誉赢得了世界的尊敬。 千余座地标性精品工程遍布全球不断刷新世界幕墙新高度。
新材料的研发，低碳建筑的探索，工艺的革新， 为用户创造更大的产品价值， 为人类营造更多环保更加精美的建筑艺术作品。
Website Link: www.yuandacn.com
Intern Technical Support and Website Developer
China General Chamber of Commerce – U.S.A Chicago (CGCC-Chicago) is a non-profit member-based organization in the U.S. representing Chinese companies in the nine Midwest states including Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, and Wisconsin. By 2016, there are about 260 Chinese companies which have invested $20.3 billion in the nine states, creating at least 45,000 local jobs.
Location: Chicago, IL or remote
The Website Developer and Technical Support intern’s primary function is to develop and optimize websites to reach each clients’ goals: building brand awareness, driving credibility and/or generating leads and provide support and solutions to technical issues and management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with Graph Designer, Executive Director and other team members to determine the scope of the project
- Responsible for development, implementation and maintenance of the themes, plugins and data utilized for all client websites
- Monitor performance and capacity to identify, prevent and resolve website issues
- Maintain appropriate security protocols and best practices of efficient coding
- Stay current on web and content marketing best practices, emerging technologies and key social media platforms
- Knowledge in web design, development and management, utilizing WordPress CMS is a must
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud
- Understanding of digital marketing best practices related to website optimization, SEO, content management
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Passion for website development, web design, and other media such as video, graphic design, and photography
- Understanding all forms of both traditional and digital marketing, including but not limited to, web strategies, social media, new media, guerilla and “word of mouth” marketing and public relations
- Professional proficiency in both Chinese mandarin and English
- Proficiency in the features of Zoom meetings, troubleshooting the application
- Current undergraduate students or bachelor’s degree in Web Development, Web Design, Computer Science, IT, or similar field
- 20 hours of work weekly
Job Type: Internship (OPT)
- WordPress: 1-2 years (Required)
- Adobe Creative Suite: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Mandarin (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
CGCC Chicago – Content Volunteer
The keys to this role are excellent interpersonal skills in both English and Chinese, the ability to turn ideas into outcomes and an aptitude for being both focused and flexible in an ever-evolving environment.
The Role will be responsible for:
• Content Ideation: contributes to the ideation process with fresh ideas from experiences
• Helping with speaker management, content editing/strategy/execution and coordinating event team operations with other teams within the organization
• Researching content (both in terms of potential speakers and topics)
•Coordinating with graph design team to create compelling marketing materials agendas/brochures/posters and more
• Assisting with special events planning, development, coordination and delivery as requested.
• Assisting the events team in creating unique on-site experiences
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese Mandarin
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite especially Word/PPT
• Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and be able to balance multiple projects
• Has an understanding of the tools used in day-to-day business interactions: Mac, PC, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
• Be Passionate and willing to learn about using data, platforms and tools to create content
• Committed to being nimble, learning and executing with excellence
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience:
• A degree or pursing a degree in the (Digital) Arts, Media, (Visual) Communications, Journalism or other similar creative writing and/or design field is strongly preferred.
This position is located at our office in downtown Chicago. Your schedule will be approximately 10-15 hours per week including one team onsite meeting per week. This position is non-paid. However, CGCC-Chicago provides standard reimbursement to cover your commute, extra travel, cellphone and meal expenses.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject “Content Volunteer Internship Application” or “Intern Technical Support and Website Developer”