Assistant Quality Engineer(Electrical or Mechanical)
Based on production quality standards and requirements for new products, the Assistant Quality Engineer will assist in monitoring production quality to identify opportunities for improvement; record, maintain, and retain quality files, procedures, and work instructions for proper adherence to the quality inspection process and system; inspect product materials, mechanics, and electrical systems, and verify product dimensions and construction quality of the electrical wiring and cabling.
Assistant Quality Engineer will also be responsible for identifying and locating the imperfections and discrepancies and testing and verifying parts, mechanical components, equipment and machinery are functioning correctly.
The Assistant Quality Engineer will work in different groups within the company, including but not limited to Production team, Commissioning team, Logistics team, and Technology team, as quality is related to every aspect of the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform electrical and mechanical inspections, and inspect purchased products and systems under
- Read schematics and drawings for trouble shooting
- Identify basic electrical and mechanical components in a
- Use tools and equipment to measure dimensions accurately, and measure electrical values and
- Fastener knowledge and dimensions
- Implement standardized quality policies, work instructions, and test
- Assist with Incoming Product Inspections and Control
- Ensure testing documentation is completed, as necessary, and test data is
- Prepare, perform, and document supplier test
- Conduct testing and/or audits to ensure goals are achieved under
- Implement, follow, and maintain a comprehensive Quality Management
- Assist with quality activity schedules, quality procedures, and safety
- Support internal inspections of different groups of assembly and
- Interface with production teams and share information, such as quality
- Maintain and comply with company’s policies, procedures and safety rules, and all regulatory requirements such as FRA, OSHA, EPA, and
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly
- Perform other duties as
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be needed.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma/GED or Associates Degree with one(1) to two(2) years of hands-on electrical or mechanical testing experience using measuring tools in rolling stock, aerospace, heavy-duty equipment or automotive manufacturing
- Basic understanding of quality processes is
- Ability to read and interpret electrical
- Able to identify basic electrical components and
- Able to read mechanical drawings and apply tolerance
- Knowledge of multi-pin plugs and
- Strong learning capability and self-motivation.
- Strong documentation, planning and organizational
- Good problem-solving skills in a fast-paced manufacturing
- Good computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Two(2) years+ of quality inspection/testing experience in rolling stock, aerospace, heavy- duty equipment or automotive manufacturing
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical defects, with the demonstrated ability to inspect with given specifications/standards.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Quality Inspector Certification (CQI).
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System
- Ability to read and speak
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.