About the company:
Sifang America is an Illinois-based subsidiary of CRRC Corporation Limited. CRRC Corporation Limited, the parent company, is a world leader in the designing, engineering and manufacturing of advanced passenger rail vehicles and high-speed trains. Headquartered in Beijing, China, CRRC Corporation Limited has 46 wholly-owned & majority-owned subsidiaries. They are a global innovator in rail car and locomotive construction and maintenance.
In 2016, CRRC Sifang America was awarded a contract by the Chicago Transit Authority to supply 846 new railcars.
CRRC Sifang America recently constructed a state-of-the-art production facility on the city’s southeast side, returning railcar manufacturing to Chicago after a 50-year absence.
Company Website: www.crrcsifangamerica.com
The Assistant Manufacturing Mechanical Engineer is expected to be comfortable working in the manufacturing environment; capable to work under pressure and with limited supervision, and respond to the production/quality related issues in a timely manner to avoid production delays. The day-to-day activities involve working with Technical Engineering groups, Design groups, Production teams, Quality Assurance teams, Procurement and Aftersales department to improve existing product designs and processes to increase throughput, decrease operational costs, and improve quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in overseeing the assembly process of railcar interior, exterior and undercar including its special
- Ensure the assembly process carried out according to the guidelines provided by R&D and Technical Engineer division of our parent company and meet the customer’s
- Process the engineering changes through ECN system and release the change notifications to other
- Create and update Bill of Materials for engineering changes and released
- Create and update assembly drawings, work instructions and process documents, schematics for Mechanical assemblies under
- Assist with providing training to assembly workers as
- Develop tooling, fixtures, and work cell layouts to facilitate the manufacturing and assembly
- Perform process evaluation and recommend/initiate process improvements
- Coordinate with quality and testing teams to trouble shoot issues related to assembly and perform root cause
- Participate in continuous process improvement activities and provide recommendation to meet required production
- Identify tooling needs and propose the acquisition of tools to ease assembly and manufacturing processes while enhancing
- Liaise between R&D, Technical Engineering Department (TED) and vendors to handle technical issue
- Travelling to off-site locations to provide after sales support, visit suppliers, as necessary and
- Performing other duties as
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and Experience
- Four-year bachelor degree in engineering
- Proven ability to read Mechanical Drawings and Process
- Willingness to take a “hands on” approach to solve any assembly related
- Determination to learn about different mechanical or electrical
- Ability to use various testing and measuring instruments accurately, including but not limited to calipers, height gauge, force
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Six-month to one year’s working experience or internship experience as a design, process mechanical or manufacturing engineer in the manufacturing
- Understanding and experience working with mechanical, hydraulic and electrical
- 2D/3D CAD and drafting experience with CATIA and
- Experience working with SAP or other ERP
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.