Functional and Electrical Assistant Engineer
About our Company
Sifang America is an Illinois-based subsidiary of CRRC Corporation Limited. CRRC Corporation Limited, the parent company, is a world leader in the designing, engineering and manufacturing of advanced passenger rail vehicles and high-speed trains. Headquartered in Beijing, China, CRRC Corporation Limited has 46 wholly-owned & majority-owned subsidiaries. They are a global innovator in rail car and locomotive construction and maintenance.
In 2016, CRRC Sifang America was awarded a contract by the Chicago Transit Authority to supply 846 new railcars.
CRRC Sifang America recently constructed a state-of-the-art production facility on the city’s southeast side, returning railcar manufacturing to Chicago after a 50-year absence.
Our Website: www.crrcsifangamerica.com
Based on production quality standards and requirements for new products, the functional and electrical assistant engineer will monitor production quality to identify opportunities for improvement. Record, maintain, and retain quality files, procedures, and work instructions for proper adherence to quality inspection processes and systems. Inspect car functions and product materials including mechanical and electrical issues. The engineer will also verify the construction quality and functions of the car.
Also, identify and locate imperfections and discrepancies with specification and technical requirements and verify that trains and subsystems are functioning correctly. Test the secure fit of components, check Electrical connections and assemblies for safe operation and use.
The engineer will work in different groups within the company as the quality is related to every aspect of the business. Multi-tasking and timekeeping will need to be good to keep up with the demands.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Complete Commissioning of the trains for inspections and quality
- Functional operation responsibility to complete approved functional tests, verify schematic and software for accuracy according to procedures and
- Commissioning test inspection after any upgrades or approved changes for
- Summarize and monitor defects and corrections for trains at inspection points and functional
- Troubleshoot faults and process changes required to rectify the
- Recommend improvements in a clear and concise proposal for review by senior engineers.
- Perform electrical inspections, including crimping, wiring, cable connection, routing, continuity tests, wire insulation tests and hi-pot
- Perform incoming inspections of products and systems of
- Implement standardized quality policies, work instructions, and test
- Ensure testing documentation is completed, as necessary, and test data is
- Prepare, perform, and document supplier/customer test
- Conduct testing and/or audits to ensure goals are
- Arrange for required inspections and record decisions for the next
- Implement, follow, and maintain a comprehensive Quality Management
- Assist quality activity schedules, quality procedures, and safety
- Support internal inspections of different groups of assembly and
- Interface with production teams and share information, such as quality
- Maintain and comply with all regulatory requirements such as FRA, OSHA, EPA, and ISO,
- Follow all company policies, procedures, and safety
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly
- Assist with
- Perform other duties as
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be necessary.
Comply with customer site requirements for testing and after-sales support as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering and related
- Quality engineering experience and verification
- One (1) to three (3) years of hands-on electrical and mechanical experience using measuring tools and test
- One (1) to three (3) years of railcar, aerospace, or heavy-duty truck manufacturing experience, automotive technician, and
- Functional systems and safety control
- Software upgrades and testing
- Strong knowledge of electrical defects and the ability to inspect assemblies based on provided
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics;
- Able to identify electrical components and assemblies including
- Knowledge of multi-pin plugs and different types of
- Use of different Crimping tools and perform crimping tool pull
- Strong problem-solving skills in a fast-paced manufacturing environment;
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral;
- Strong documentation, planning and organizational skills; and
- Strong computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical and controls related engineering with 5 years working experience in the railcar, aerospace, heavy-duty truck electrical engineering or related engineering
- Five (5) years of Quality Electrical or Quality Engineering experience;
- Extensive knowledge of electrical defects and the ability to inspect to given specifications;
- Controls engineering experience with simulation
- Calibration and instrumentation working
- Ability to read and speak Mandarin and
Somos un empleador con igualdad de oportunidades y todos los candidatos calificados recibirán consideración por el empleo sin distinción de raza, color, religión, sexo, origen nacional, estado de discapacidad, estado de veterano protegido o cualquier otra característica protegida por la ley.